Retail Price : RM350.00 (Call for special Introductory Offer)
Available in all sizes for Men and Women
New introduction for 2010/2011, the Kinvara is undoubtly the most talked about running shoe at the moment. With “less is more” in mind, Saucony launched this extremely lightweight trainer as a lean, clean and essential everyday trainer for the neutral running crowd. Winning Runner’s World Best Debut 2010 surely contributed to Kinvara’s hype, but the shoe truly is a game-changer.
The Saucony ProGrid Kinvara: a lightweight, minimal neutral trainer that features a one piece midsole/outsole with carbon triangle lugs for added durability that look like they were taken directly from the outsole of the Classic Saucony running shoes. A three-piece upper provides a good amount of support, is breathable and sports a cool graphic treatment. A small, lightweight ProGrid Lite cookie is placed in the heel for a touch of extra cushioning.
The Kinvara is very light for being classified as a trainer. As a point of reference the Saucony racing flats, the Fastwitch 4 and new Grid Type A4 come in at 7.0 and 6.4 oz respectively. Based on this metric, the Kinvara is light at a projected 7.7 oz.
Saucony has engineered the shoe to have a relatively small heel-to-toe drop (the difference in midsole height between the heel and forefoot) - the drop has been reported to be 18mm heel/14mm forefoot. Given these numbers, the drop is only 4 mm, which should help those wishing to experiment with a more midfoot-forefoot style of running.
- Awarded Best debut in the June 2010 issue of Runner's World Magazine!
- With the whole "minimalism" movement gaining legs in today's runners, the ProGrid™ Kinvara running shoe from Saucony® is the ideal shoe where less is more!
- Features a neutral running shoe with minimal midsole construction to keep your feet closer to the ground while providing excellent protection from the pavement.
- Lightweight, breathable air mesh upper with printed, airbrush trim.
- Lightly padded collar and tongue.
- Molded, antimicrobial and breathable EVA sockliner provides superior cushioning and ride.
- Minimal laces with some internal welds to hold it over the foot for ultra-lightweight comfort.
- Pillowy-soft lining on the heel for ultra comfort.
- EVA+ blend maximizes rebound and durability while minimizing weight.
- Heel ProGrid LITE absorbs impact, dissipates shock and sets the foot up for a smooth transition.
- XT-900™ carbon rubber outsole material offers exceptional traction properties without sacrificing durability.
- Rubber triangular lugs provide traction and durability.
- 7.7 oz. (US9)
Review by RunningShoeGuru
Review by Runblogger
More pictures here